Greetings,
Okay, yesterday, we talked about the songs I loved most from the year 1978. Now it's time to look at the other side of things. And what's sad is that I actually like a few of the artists on this list. I suppose they just were having some bad days. In my opinion. Off we go.
#10. "You're in My Heart (The Final Acclaim)" Rod Stewart - Is this a love song to a sports team? I don't like sports. Why, Rod, why? I really like you. For real, though, even if it wasn't about sports, I'm not a big fan of this one.
#9. "With a Little Luck" Wings - I've heard brilliant things from Paul McCartney. We all have. When he was in The Beatles, when he was on his own, and when he was in this band Wings. For some reason, I could never handle this song. I just don't get it. I've heard other people praise it, but it's one I never fail to skip. Sorry. I love you, Paul, but not for this one.
#8. "Can't Smile Without You" Barry Manilow - Again, I certainly can enjoy some Barry Manilow. Don't get me started on how much I love the song "Copacabana" . . . even though it didn't make my Best Of list yesterday. Bygones. Still, I can't take this song. And let me tell you something. I don't even like the version sung by The Carpenters. And for me to not like something that The Carpenters are singing? Let's just say it doesn't happen very often.
#7. "Short People" Randy Newman - I never understood the appeal of Randy Newman. I mean, I guess I can get a kick out of what he did for the Toy Story movies, but this? Yeah, I was never a fan of this song. And I am of fairly average height. Although, it did give us quite and amusing scene on Ally McBeal. Go figure.
#6. "Reminiscing" Little River Band - Rumor has it that John Lennon absolutely loved this song. Well, as much as I can admire him as an artist, he and I disagree on quite a few things. Let's just add the likability of this song to the list.
#5. "I Love the Nightlife" Alicia Bridges - I don't like the word "boogie". And this uses the word "boogie". A lot. And I'm not a huge fan of the singer's voice. I mean, to each their own. It's a voice that I think may be an acquired taste. It just doesn't happen to be mine. No offense. Still, even with someone else singing it, I would not like this song at all. Unless it was Harry Connick Jr. Then . . . maybe.
#4. "You Can't Turn Me Off (In the Middle of Turning Me On) High Inergy - What is up with that title? It certainly could get your attention, but maybe not in a good way. Look, until I started compiling this list, I never even heard of the group High Inergy. But I will say this, though. They have beautiful voices. Beautiful voices that are too good for this song.
#3. "Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)" Chic - I'm sorry. I really like Chic. They have written some amazing songs. But I just can't like a song that has "Yowsah" anywhere in it. I don't know why.
#2. "Boogie Oogie Oogie" A Taste of Honey - There's that word again. What is up with that "boogie" word? And may I say, once again, we have some beautiful voices here. I just don't want to hear them singing this song.
#1. "Miss You" The Rolling Stones - I've always been on the fence about The Rolling Stones. Do I like them or do I not? I don't know. What I do know is that I really hate this song? I am well aware that there are people who believe that no one should make disco music. I think only certain people should not make disco. Certain people like The Rolling Stones. I get that they wanted to cash in on what could be considered a fad, but just no.
So there they are. All the songs from 1978 that I liked the very least. Like I said, I love quite a few of the artists that I had to put on this list. I just happened to not like these particular songs. And again, these are just my opinions. If you like them, excellent. Keep on listening.
Love and full moons,
Becky the Writer