Saturday, August 2, 2014

Top Ten Breakfast Cereals

Greetings,

Sometimes I don't know what to right on this blog. Well, here's a list of my favorite breakfast cereals. Oh, yeah! We're going there. So, let's go.

#10. Cracklin' Oat Bran - I'm going to be perfectly honest here. I really, REALLY like this cereal, and it might have gotten even higher on the list except there's a problem. It NEVER goes on sale! I'm not kidding. It might be the most expensive cereal I see in the store, factor in price against size of box, and all, and I swear it never goes on sale. Is this just a thing in my area? Look, as I said, I really like this stuff, but I'm on a budget here.

#9. Cocoa Pebbles - So, I do not like any fruity cereals and that includes Fruity Pebbles. However, their wonderful brother cereal Cocoa Pebbles? Oh, yeah, I'll take some of that, please and thank you. And you gotta love those commercials.

#8. Honey Bunches of Oats - Now I'm not a huge fan of the flake cereals. I don't care what anyone says, they are the first to turn to mush when you pour milk on them. Still, if you can add some sweet, nutty pieces of crunchy deliciousness, I can figure anything.

#7. Golden Grahams - I've always enjoyed myself a good box of graham crackers. I couldn't imagine them being any better than how they were. Then, someone turned them into cereal. Nuff said.

#6. Frosted Mini Wheats - Gotta love a trickster cereal, am I right? You know, the kind that gets you to eat it by coating it in frosty, sugary goodness, but then, you eat it and think, "Hmm, I have a snaking suspicion that this might be healthy for me". Enter Frosted Mini Wheats. Now I know they added a bunch of variations on the original, but I don't mess with that. Just give me the stuff straight up.

#5. Special K Red Berries - Again, not into the flakies, so I was never much into Special K. But someone had the genius idea to add berries to it, little, dried, astronaut food berries that you's think wouldn't be good, but totally are. Again, I have to be honest, on its own, Special K is kind of boring. Why do you think they created a diet around it? But throw in the bite of those berries and I'll take it.

#4. Count Chocula - As I have mentioned before, I do not do the Halloween things. I do, however, look forward to it every year, because it means the return of my beloved Count Chocula. Look, if you like the other monsters cereals more, good for you. But I can't think that any of them are better than this. Also, it always serves to distract me from the annual return of the evil candy corn.

#3. Cheerios - Yep, just straight up, plain, original Cheerios. I know this brand has also thrown in some new flavors and all that, best known being the Honey Nut version, but there is something so pure and delicious about Cheerios. Just regular Cheerios. Sometimes cereal unplugged is the best way to have it.

#2. Lucky Charms - When it comes to marshmallows in their white, fluffy, well-known form, I am kind of on the fence. I'll take them in hot cocoa occasionally, but that's about it. However, if you shrink them down, dry them out, color them, put them into fun shapes and make them practically unrecognizable, more please! They even make the "healthy" half of the cereal taste kind of good.

#1. Life - This is another one of those trickster cereals. You look at it and think it's all healthy and ewww, but then, you eat it and it's all sweetness. Amazing. And I can even eat this one without milk. Not something I can do with the others, at least, not as enjoyably. What can I say? Life is good.


So there you have it, my top ten favorite cereals. I hope it tides you over until my next post. Now, go and eat, children.


Love and full moons,
Becky the Writer