Greetings,
So it's a pretty sad day. I just found out that Roger Ebert passed away. I was always a big fan of Roger as a movie critic. In fact, I always got his opinion about a film if I was on the fence about going to see it at the theater. I did tend to agree with him most of the time. At least, I did when it came to movies.
Now, outside of that, I have to say that Roger Ebert and I disagreed a lot. Mostly having to do with things political and spiritual. I am, of course, a Christian, and, from what I've heard, he was not . . . at all. He did have some strong opinions about the things that I and many people in the world choose to believe. And that's fine. We all have free will. Though he did feel this way, that certainly didn't stop me from praying for him when he started to get sick. I did admire his resilience through it all. And I hoped that he could feel the prayers that we were sending his way.
Regardless of what he chose to believe or not believe, I do think he had a gift. As an amateur reviewer, I certainly learned quite a bit from him where this was concerned. I just hope that, as his life drew to a close, even if it was down to the last moment, he realized how much love was bestowed upon him from every direction. And I will definitely continue to pray for his friends and family in this difficult time. Sometimes that's all you can do, but it's worth a lot.
Love and full moons,
Becky the Writer