Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Providence of Leverage

Greetings,

"The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you. Sometimes bad guys make the best good guys. We provide leverage."

That quote comes directly from one of the best shows ever to air on television, Leverage. How can I prove that it is one of the best? Well, after a mere five years on the air, SOMEONE decided to cancel it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since, these days, it seems television is legally obligated to have a 100 to 1 ratio of bad shows to good shows. Now I don't know exactly who decided to make this terrible decision, but my theory is that, yes, the rich and powerful have again taken what they wanted . . . from us, the fans. I can't tell you how many times I wished the Leverage team was based on a real life group of people, but never more than in this moment. We obviously need someone in the real world to swoop in and steal our show back for us. But, alas, I fear this may not be what will happen.

Look, I am going to choose to be quite brief today in this post as I share this news with you all. No doubt, someday, I will go more in depth as to why I loved this show so much. It will probably even get one of my top ten episode lists. But I really can't get into this right now. Frankly, if I start thinking about how wonderful this series has been for me, I will begin to cry, and I don't want to do that while working on an electrical device. Besides, I will be saving my tears for that final episode.

Let me end with this. I decided to become a viewer of this show based on my love of Christian Kane and Timothy Hutton, but I quickly came to also love Gina Bellman, Aldis Hodge and Beth Riesgraf, the rest of the wonderful cast. Now when I watch any TV show, I can usually get a vibe that lets me know whether or not the actors are happy with what they are doing, and if they're happy with whom they are working. Well, I must say, from the beginning, I always felt as though this cast of actors truly enjoyed working with each other. And you could easily tell that everyone involved in making this series really put all they had into it to make it the best it could be for the fans. I certainly appreciated that, and I know a lot of other people did, too.

So, wherever the cast and crew of Leverage go in the future, I pray for the best to be bestowed upon them all. This was and is a very talented group of people, and they all deserve much success. I have no doubt that they will get it. And they will most definitely be missed.


Love and full moons,
Becky the Writer